Blue Cat Design
New Media Articles
- Is the Internet Creating a New Underclass?
Will the Internet democratize society, or will it further divide the rich and poor?
by Wade Rowland from the Toronto Star newspaper, October 24, 1996
- "Netscape vs. Microsoft"
Heavyweights wage billion-dollar battle for Internet browser supremacy
by Wade Rowland from the Toronto Star newspaper, Aug. 29, 1996
- "Internet at a Crossroads"
Will the Web fulfil its promise and become an all-powerful mainstream medium?
by Wade Rowland from the Toronto Star newspaper, June 13, 1996
- "The Challenge of World Wide Web Design"
by Christine Collie Rowland, Blue Cat Design principal and Creative Director - from Videography magazine
- "The Communications Decency Act, Censorship and the Net"
- The Internet as public space by Wade Rowland
- "Goodbye (and Good Riddance) to the "Information Highway"
- The Importance of Metaphors by Wade Rowland
- "Does Canada need the CBC on the Information Highway"
Public Broadcasting and the Internet by Wade Rowland
- "WWW Trouble for Stentor, Rogers - Are the superbahn mavens heading for a dead end?" - by Wade Rowland from the Sept. 25, 1995 edition of PLAYBACK magazine
- "The New News - Digital, on-line multimedia technology is changing the nature of news" - by Wade Rowland from the Toronto Star newspaper
WARNING: This site and its contents, text and graphics are copyright © 1995-2001 Blue Cat Design.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Spirit of the Web
Critically-acclaimed book on Internet and communications history, Spirit of the Web:
The Age of Information from Telegraph to Internet, from Blue Cat Design principal, Wade Rowland. Now available online.
Spirit of the Web:
by Wade Rowland
The Age of Information from Telegraph to Internet
Revised Edition, published 1999
416 pages - trade paperback
Retail price $26.95 Cdn
Key Porter Books (416) 862-7777
Available at bookstores in Canada or order Spirit of the Web online
Wade Rowland is available for lectures and readings. He can be contacted at the Blue Cat Design offices.
Read an excerpt of Spirit of the Web.
In addition to award-winning Web site design and custom programming, Blue Cat Design also offers complete editorial services including technical highly professional writing and editing for:
Blue Cat Design principal, Wade Rowland, has been published in most major Canadian periodicals and has authored, co-authored or collaborated in the writing of more than a dozen books, several of which have been Canadian best-sellers. He has edited several books and countless articles and reports. He is an acknowledged authority of television and the new media.
Read more on Wade Rowland.
For a quotation on your next project that requires strategic planning, copywriting or editing, Blue Cat Design by telephone or with our interactive reply form.
Toll-free: 1-888-BLUE CAT or phone 905-753-1017 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST
fax:905-753-2777 or e-mail.
This site and its text, html and graphics are copyright © 1995-2002 Blue Cat Design Inc.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Blue Cat Design is a registered trademark.
Other trademarks mentioned are owned by their respective owners.